Thursday, May 17, 2018

A MESSAGE FOR PETS WHO NEED TO TAKE MEDICATION/SUPPLIMETNS

Last month I worked with a few animal companions who were not feeling 100% and needed to take medication. Some animal companions don't mind taking medication if you are hiding it in something exciting like cheese, or hotdogs. There are some animal companions who will find a way to spit their meds back out no matter how stealth you think you are.  This months in-the-moment-messge is for anyone who needs their animal companion to be good about eating, drinking, or taking medication.

When I send a message to an animal who is not waiting to take an important medication or supplement I start always with the acknowledgment of their experience. For those of you who have read my book Beyond Companionship (link above) know that acknowledgment of the animals experience  creates a shift in energy, an opening that making your animal more receptive to whatever message or training technique that follows. I acknowledge the dislike first.

Next I explain what and/or why s/he has to take the medication focusing on the animals guardians motivation, i.e, supporting optimum health and well-being. I also let the animal know how important s/he is the guardian/family. I then add something like this, "So and so is committed to helping you feel your best and anything you can do to help so and so with that would be appreciated." At this point I may get specific with the animal about the action need such as drinking more water if there is dehydration, or say, "We need you to be calmer about taking your pill, or please eat all your food there is <insert med> in there to help you feel better."

This months message is short and simple but very effective as all messages should be!

Recap: Acknowledge the animals experience, give a short explanation about what and/or why, tell your animal companion what action you need from them.

*BONUS*
For anyone having a rough time sticking a big pill down your animals throat, here is my super secret trick I used with Griffin. Roll the pill in butter before you try. It will be super slick to slide down and super tasty too!

Happy Chatting! 


For more detailed information on my in-the-moment messages ending techniques check out the Pause & Connect Point on page 37 of my book Beyond Companionship: Connecting with Kindred Souls of Animal Companions (click title for purchase link)

No comments:

Post a Comment